I'm excited to share a wonderful book and great author. Harlie is here today to share her top ten books of all time and share her book blurb and excerpt. Don't forget to enter the giveaway!
Harlie Williams Top Ten Books of all time (in no particular order)
1. The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy – Jack Ryan is my ultimate book boyfriend. *sigh*
2. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell – It is my mother’s favorite book and the first romance that I ever read. Plus, I love anything southern.
3. Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood – This book brought me back to the romance genre and introduced me to my second ultimate book boyfriend, Noah Clayborne. Plus, nothing beats the Buchanan’s either in her contemporary or historicals.
4. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown – It still puts my 8 year old son to sleep. Plus, me too.
5. The Death and Life of Superman by Roger Stern – I’m a HUGE comic book fan and Superman is one of my faves. I cried when I read this book and it still haunts me today.
6. The Mercenary by Cherry Adair – This was my first Harlequin Blaze book to read and it started the entire TFLAC series from Ms. Adair. And yes, I have met her and she signed it for me. And no, I will never let it leave the house again.
7. Lucky by Sandra Brown – Oh my, people had sex in books. LOL! And yes, my mother gave it to me read when she was done.
8. A Time to Kill by John Grisham – No one does legal thrillers better.
9. Anything by James Patterson – but I had to pick, “Sunday’s at Tiffany’s” and of course, Alex Cross.
10. Spenser and Jess Stone books from Robert B. Parker – Love, love Spenser and Jess! Great crime fiction.
Surprised at my list? You really shouldn’t be because as much as I love romance books, my tastes really run the gambit when it comes to my reading. I’m at home reading a spy thriller and then curling up with a crime novel or a romance.
Also, my book boyfriends surprise people, too. Again, Jack Ryan is the ultimate boyfriend. Sexy, loyal and will do anything for his family and his country.
So what are your all-time favorite books?
Great list Harlie. Most of them are not one's I've read before. You just gave me a whole new group to check out!
The Couple by Harlie Williams
A Contemporary Romance
20 pages, 3 flames, spicy
A woman has one thing on her mind tonight…sex. Dirty, sweaty, kinky sex with a cowboy. With her man gone more than he is at home, she needs the release.
After being away for two weeks, a cowboy goes looking for someone to play with for the night. Being away is part of the job but not having someone to come home to is hurting his soul. Feeling disconnected in his love life, the red head will be perfect.
Once they meet, can one night of pure passion led to more than just a one night stand for either of them? Communication is the key to every relationship. Can these two find a way to connect emotionally or are they destined for heartache.
Muse It Up Publishing: https://museituppublishing.com/bookstore2/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=636&category_id=69&manufacturer_id=295&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-couple-harlie-williams/1114142543?ean=2940044216150&itm=1&USRI=the+couple+by+Harlie+Williams&
All Romance ebooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-thecouple-1025984-172.html
Excerpt (PG-13 for language)
“What’s a girl like you doing at a bar like this?” he asked.
Her voice was a purr, like a cat well satisfied with its stolen pitcher of cream. “I’m looking for someone special.”
Hoping that she meant him he asked, “Did you find him yet?”
“Maybe.” The glint in her eye told him he was definitely in the running. However, I’m not looking to hook up with just any old cowboy. He must be able to go the full eight seconds and come back for more.” She eyed him from head to toe. “Think you can handle that?”
Oh, I can most definitely handle you sweetheart.
Not wanting to seem too eager he replied, “I’m not sure but I’m willing to try.”
“Do or do not. There is no try.” He struggled not to let his grin escape. The fact that she was trying to seduce him made his dick twitch.
“Let’s just say I’m looking to burn off some pent up frustration. A little excess energy. And I’ve got plenty to burn.”
The way she shivered at his words, he knew he almost had her. He winked as she licked her crimson lips and blew out a small breath. Damn what this woman is doing to him.
He pushed her knees apart with his left leg and was rewarded with the amazing scent of her arousal. The knowledge she was wet for him had him close to going off in his jeans.
Houston, we have lift-off!
“Why don’t you have a seat cowboy and we’ll talk about it.”
She gasped when he shocked her with a brush of his lips against hers; fighting with everything he had not to deepen the kiss.
He would play her game for the moment but sooner or later, she would be his. Tied up and begging for more.
He asked her, “Now about that eight second ride?”
When she is not trying to be Super Blogger and reviewing for her own site, Harlie is a stay at home with a 3rd grade son that keeps her busy with all of his stuff. Married for 9 years to her own hero and still madly in love with him, she wouldn’t change a thing about her life. Okay, maybe living in Ireland or New Zealand but those are just pipe dreams.
A certifiable sports nut, she craves college football (OU Sooners and Texas A&M Aggies), Baseball (Texas Rangers and Houston Astros), Dallas Stars hockey and Houston Texans football. After working for the Dallas Stars Hockey Club for 5 years and naming her son after Brian Leetch you’d think she write a hockey story. Nope, been there, done that and the t-shirt is a rag. She prefers just to watch the game now. Less stress.
Harlie loves to hear from readers and other authors. You can find her on Facebook most days. Unless, she’s sitting in the carpool line. The bane of her existence.
Author site: www.harliewilliams.com
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harlie-Williams-Writer/224885394212458
Musings from Michigan