First I would like to introduce you to Sherry Ewing who roped...erm...asked me into this game. *wink* Sherry's a wonderful author and friend. You can check out her blog on her character here: http://www.sherryewing.com/apps/blog/show/42564152-meet-my-character-blog-hop- Here's more information on Sherry including where you can get ahold of her and her books!
Sherry Ewing is a self-published author who writes historical and paranormal romance novels to awaken the soul one heart at a time. Her debut historical romance, If My Heart Could See You, hit Amazon’s top ten bestseller list only two days after the paperback release. Always wanting to write a novel but busy raising her children, she finally took the plunge in 2008 and wrote her first Regency. She is a national and local member of Romance Writers of America since 2012 and is currently editing her to be released soon second novel, For All of Ever. When Sherry is not busy writing, she can be found in the San Francisco area at her day job as an Information Technology Specialist.
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Sherry-Ewing/e/B00LP3CVXK/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
MEET MY CHARACTER BLOG TOUR
This tour highlights a main character from one of your WIP (Work in Progress), recently published or soon to be published work. Sherry posted last week. I will post this week and the people I tag, will post next Monday. *gleeful laughter* Yes! I get to tag more authors to play along!
Here are the questions to answer about your main character:
1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person? My main character’s name is Angela French. She is a fictional character.
2) When and where is the story set? The story The Heartsong Cowboy takes place in modern day North Dakota.
3) What should we know about him/her? Angela is a single parent. Her husband died of cancer when her daughter was three. She loves being a mom to her daughter, Taylor and running her small restaurant- Café French.
4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life? After a traumatic incident, Angela’s daughter stopped speaking. Angela is dealing with guilt that is normal of a single parent but with the accident, she feels more responsible. She seeks out anyway to get her daughter to speak again.
5) What is the personal goal of the character? Angela would love to hear her daughter speak again, even just a sound. She feels responsible and can’t let go of the guilt.
6) Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it? The story is called The Heartsong Cowboy.
Can two people, one horse and the power of love cure a little girl?
Angela French blames herself for her daughter’s lack of voice. Determined to do anything to correct the situation, she seeks out Jake Kyncade, the owner of The Heartsong Ranch.
Jake Kyncade hides his own sorrows behind his no-nonsense demeanor. Helping children becomes one way to correct his past. Using equine therapy, he sets out to make a difference.
Can Jake help Angela’s dreams come true or will Jake’s past bring more heartache? Will love save them all?
7) When can we expect the book to be published? The short novella will be a part of a book bundle and will be out in Mid-September.
Now onto the fun part... I nominate.....
Kurt D. Springs is presently an adjunct professor of anthropology and archaeology in New Hampshire. He holds a PhD. in anthropology from the State University of New York at Buffalo, as well as a Master of Literature in archaeology from the National University of Ireland, Galway, and a Master of Liberal Arts in anthropology and archaeology from the Harvard University Extension School. His main area of interest is megalithic landscapes in prehistoric Ireland.
Kurt also writes reviews on Kurt's Frontier for Invincible Love of Reading.
Professor Springs currently lives in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Connect with Kurt:
Wife and mom by day, romance writer by night, A.J. Vale stays sane by penning stories that won’t let her go. The former ballroom dance teacher and Real Estate Agent now dances with words. When she’s not writing or spending time with her children, she can be found reading, dancing and singing and not just in the shower. Her current story Compromising Positions can be found in the Love is… Anthology.
Follow AJ Vale online at:
Heather M. Gardner
Heather M. Gardner's love of books began on the hand-woven rugs of her small town library where her mother worked. There she had a never-ending supply of stories to read at her fingertips.
As a teen, her favorite genres to curl up with were romance and mysteries. When she started to create her own stories, they were the perfect fit.
Heather resides in New York with her best friend, who is also her husband, plus her talented and handsome son. She is currently owned by four stray cats.
Heather's a full-time mom, works part-time from home, a chocolate enthusiast, coffee junkie, cat addict, book hoarder and fluent in sarcasm.
Heather M. Gardner
Facebook Author Page: Heather Writes Romance
Blog: The Waiting is the Hardest Part
Goodreads: Heather M. Gardner
8/17/2014 03:51:03 pm
I think a horse can make a little girl talk.
8/18/2014 11:01:57 am
Thank you Liza. I think that most animals can do it!
8/17/2014 11:28:17 pm
Sounds like a good story!
8/18/2014 11:02:18 am
Thank you Heather! :)
8/18/2014 11:02:59 am
Thank you Andrea. You may know them!
8/18/2014 01:24:11 am
Fun interview! Can't wait to read the book!
8/18/2014 11:03:16 am
Thank you Jennifer! :)
8/18/2014 11:03:41 am
Thank you Sandy! I appreciate you stopping by!
8/18/2014 04:01:51 am
Can't wait for this book!
8/18/2014 11:04:06 am
Thanks D'Ann! :)
8/18/2014 08:04:27 am
Fun interview. The characters sound great.
8/18/2014 11:04:26 am
Thank you for visiting Karen!
8/19/2014 03:51:36 pm
I'm really looking forward to the release of this bundle!
Comments are closed.
Gator Girl Extraordinaire